Ron Johnson on how to avoid losing the thrill of exercising
What's your excuse for the exercising regularly? Once you have got past the "not enough time" syndrome you realize that you really don't have any excuse. To be truthful one of the biggest problems people have with exercise, is staying motivated.
You may be ready to change your bad habits but days later, the thrill is gone and you're bored with exercise. At times, it is laziness. Starting off is easy,most people start off strong with an exercise program but then come the excuses: I'm tried, I haven't slept enough, there's no time, I really want to but... The majority will stop their new workout within three months.
So if you really want to be fit, it is important to stay motivated. the excitement will wear off, at which point you'll begin to notice how much time and effort the workout plan really requires.That's when you are tempted to quit.
So how do you avoid doing that? Follow these steps from the very beginning, and you will be not counted amongst the quitters.
1. Make exercise a key part of your schedule. Many people see exercise merely as recreation, not a necessity, which means it's the first thing to go when you fall behind. STOP! Working out is as important as anything else in your life. Write your workout times into your calendar and stick to them just as you would to vital business meeting.
2. Keep it mellow. You're a lot more likely to keep on the program for the long term if you avoid making it seem like a lot of trouble. So find a fitness club near you. Make sue it is and a place where you won't have to line up to use equipment.
3. Don't bite off more than you can chew. Many people often start out too aggressively, going to a level that's higher than they're capable of. As a result, they suffer injuries and then they stop going to the gym. You don't need long, drawn out workouts. The body need time between workouts to recover:plan no more than one hour. And make every minute count. Do not west time doing a million crunches when you really must fit in some cardie and strength-training. Plus you don't need to work out every day.
4. Set achievable goals. if you set your sights too high, you may find yourself discounting the gains you are making. When you're starting out. go over your long term goals and decide what you can achieve based on your workout schedule. Instead of looking far into the future, give yourself weekly, even monthly goals. You're nor exercising to lose weight. You're exercising to get fit.
5. Chart your progress. Gains from one workout to the next can be subtle. and the only way to know how well you're really doing is to write everything down.Keep a journal of your workouts, as well as of what you eat.
6. Mix it up. Doing the same workout over and over again gets boring. Instead of doing 40 minutes daily on the treadmill, try all the aerobic machines, for example. Change your weight training routine regularly to keep things interesting and to help break through plateaus. Change your sets, reps, weight, and rest periods every 3-4 weeks.
7. Go one on one. If you find exercising boring , get a friend to pair up with. Like this you can complete with each other and egg each other on.
8. Work with trainer or coach. Workouts seem easier and more effective with a coach. Plus, you're more likely to feel obligated to show up, you are paying him anyway. When there's someone watching you to keeping an eye on your progress, there's intensive to keep going. A coach can help you set and meet the goals.
9. Force yourself to hang in there religiously for the first three months. Nothing sustains motivation better than result. It also takes that long to establish a rhythm and after three months of dedication, you'll be lot less likely to fall off the training wagon.
10. As soon as you miss a workout, re- motivate yourself. This is the danger zone, the time when most people start giving up. You've missed one workout, so what's the big deal about skipping another, or all of them? This is when you force yourself into your training again.
Valentinie.com is welcome you to get trendy news about your lifestyle. We would appreciate any comments you may have about us or any article published on the site.
Trendy Blogs Categories
Trendy Blogs' Friends
Free App on Your andriod devices. Load now at Play Store or click here
พีเอส. เพาเวอร์ เซอร์วิส
ให้บริการเช่าเครื่องจักร รถแบ็คโฮ PC200, PC120, และรุ่นอื่นๆ พร้อมตัวเลือก หัวเจาะ หัวตัก หัวคีบ ฯลฯ
เปิดทุกวัน 8.00 – 17.00 น.
Valentinie Trendy Blogs does not claim credit for any images featured on this site, unless otherwise noted. All visual content, videos and images, are copyright to their respectful owners. If you own rights to any of the featured images and do not want it to appear here, please contact us for removal.